4.2.10

a calling adventure?

a map for saturday, this is where i always seem to find myself time and time again. how could this not be enticing? how could this not eat away at you? how can you begin to think about ten, twenty, seventy years down the road without doing something that calls your name like a mother at dinner time? whenever i watch the trailer my mind goes off into some distant place where i am able to find a sort of peace. strange to think about i know, but even now i migrate towards non-fictional books of adventures like, "eat, pray, love," "the innocence abroad," "a walk in the woods," and the list slowly grows in numbers at the end of each month.
it may be a radical idea, a path to isolation or dysfunctional relationships, a recipe for disaster. personally, i think it will bring freedom, growth, maturity, and settlement to my life. my only blockade is myself at this point. i may be settling into a comfort area that will only make things harder to escape. at this point, i envy those with the ability to break away and walk into the dark. i fear my only solution will be finding someone to follow into the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment