26.11.09

my life post europe

since i left vienna last april, my life has been a series of ups, downs, and tailwinds into i do not know what. filled with randomness and an unorganized chaos that has led me to a place of peace and uncertainty...i would not have it any other way. i returned home near the end of april and returned to school. (the better part of my trip can be seen at alslusher.blogspt.com, up until thomas and larry came to visit and, well, lets just say hell broke loose for the next week and amsterdam...i´m sure i would never have forgotten it if only i could remember)
upon return though, i was truly lost on american soil. i arrived just in time for the week building up to graduation and everything was just as i had remembered except for me. i had changed-i am still figuring if it was for the better or not. at the time i was just a figure surrounded by familiar faces that did not make sense to me. as the summer went on, i was more and more disconnected from reality. i was floating through the motions on my own pier of superiority to which i was oblivious to. i pushed away everything that had meaning to me-again oblivious to it all. i was lost with no end in sight.
i think the best thing that happened to me was after a mid-summer trip to seattle (i fell in love and the city instantly topped my list of american places in which i desire to live.) my sister called me out and i finally had some one put me in my place and my prospective of my life changed over the next couple of weeks. i caught wide to the motto that i had always lived by, "no worries, everything will work out in the end." i had lost sight of it before, worried about jobs, studies, life plans...it was not until this time that things came full circle for me.
during a family trip to the outer banks of north carolina, i was approached by a job opportunity to coach division 1 soccer at florida gulf coast university in fort myers florida. being the adventurous being that i am, i decided to take the leap and within a week i was on my way in a half packed 2007 jeep liberty heading south on 75. it turned out to be a very nice trip, my mother took the trek with me and she
was able to show me her hometown of thomasville, georgia where her family had grown up (no worries, i had never heard of it either) in the matter of 12 days, i had received a call, said yes, and moved-in a way, that sums up the way i desire to live my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment